Friday, February 10, 2006

Old age is not for sissies!


Dear Wolfie, I just heard the expression "old age is not for sissies." I'm confused. Am I in for a surprise when I get old? I'm 22 now and want to be prepared, but I think I'm kind of a sissy so...Help prepare me, Wolfie!
Young and scared, Hollywood

Dear Young and Scared,
Let me list my age-related issues: dry, flakey skin, flyaway hairs, cracked pads, cataracts, gnarled claws, very few teeth (and those I have are worn down to nubs!), a trick hip...And that's just the beginning. You will need to eat soft food and make sure your caretaker gives you adequate senior care. The good news is that even though your physical self goes into decline, you will, with attention and meditation, become wise and mentally strong like me, Wolfie!
Have fun getting older! Namaste!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home