Thursday, August 31, 2006

The Echo Park Miracle


Readers, I must relate my near-death story. As previously mentioned, I stayed with my friend Oscar last week while the lady who takes care of me went on a trip. I was in Echo Park and have only been there a couple of times. I got many treats and walked in the yard, did pranayamas and sat on a bed with Deborah and Eric and slept in my basket. No time to blog!

Well, on the third morning when I was ready to come back inside for a good nap, no one let me into the house right away. I was bored so I squeezed between pickets of fence and landed on the sidewalk. I didn't know where I was and started running. i just went blank and the more i rushed down the street the more I lost my way. Cars! Dogs barking! Trash can confusion! It was a terrible situation! all my worst fears realized! I kept running and running and the city seemed terrible.

All was lost!

Then suddenly I felt guided by an unseen hand protecting me from danger. A lady came up to me and looked at my name. It's on my bone tag I wear. She said "You look like Wolfie. Are you the real Wolfie?"

You won't believe it, readers but she knew me AND the lady who takes care of me! It was a miracle! Her name is Deborah too! She called the lady who takes care of me and then they called Deborah and Eric so they wouldn't worry. They are very kind and dog-loving and had already put posters up around the neighborhood. They called the authorities! They were very, very up in arms from my escape.

So Deborah and Eric brought me my basket to the other Deborah's house and I rested. Here's a picture of the other Deborah holding me. You can see my weariness from such an ordeal. I rested with Holly, a nice shepherd mix with coarse black fur (pictured below with pink flower hair accent)! We're both old and wise and have a lot in common! When the lady who takes care of me got home we were happy to greet each other but she told me I gave everyone terrible heart attacks.

Take it from me, Wolfie!: Sometimes doing what you want to do, like squeezing out of the fence, ISN'T the best idea. Think of others!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home